Re: Electric fans for 1600s?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric fans for 1600s?
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:09:33 -0500
I use an electric fan on my 2000.  Some things to look for is a low profile
and a fan shroud.  You can browse lots of fans at www.summitracing.com A fan
needs a shroud to work well.  Try to buy one that has a built in shroud.
The 2000 has very little clearance between the radiator and the water pump
shaft.  I don't know if the 1600 is any better.  I ended up spacing the
radiator forward about 3/4" and also cut the end off the water pump shaft.
You don't really need a temperature sensitive switch.  If you have a
thermostat then the coolant temperature will remain constant anyway.  The
fan will run all the time without a switch, but you won't be able to hear
it.