RE: Trunk mounted Battery

To: "Datsun-Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Trunk mounted Battery
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:44:34 -0700
I stuck mine back in the right-rear corner of the trunk, under the fender. I
made an aluminum tray that is bolted to the trunk floor. The battery lives
in a marine-type battery box that is strapped to the tray.

At first I ran a rubber hose from the battery box to a drain hole in the
trunk, but the hose kept coming off. I finally bagged that idea and just
figured the box was drafty enough to "self-ventilate." I've been running it
that way for 20 years now.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org