Rear Axle Bearings "Help is needed"

To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Axle Bearings "Help is needed"
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:53:42 -0400
The old saying is "measure twice..... cut once".  Well that is what I wish to
do so I am being careful.  I am only fixing on side and I accidentally kicked
my tray and got the parts out of order.  So any help is appreciated?

I have my new collar to secure the rear axle and I am ready to have the
machine shop press it onto my rear axle.  However, I just wanted to be 100%
sure that I have the order correct:

Working from the outer wheel towards to differential:

  1.. Rear Back brake drum assembly plate
  2.. Metal spacer "inside edge is radiused and faces the bearings? Is that
correct??
  3.. Grease assembly catcher "this new one appears to be made of rubber and
has the seal already in place .
  4.. Gasket (is this needed since the new grease assembly is made of
rubber?)
  5.. Shims
  6.. bearings
  7.. collar