Clutch Mystery

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Mystery
From: nmleeds@mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
All,

I posted on this earlier but since I still havn't found a solution I thought
I'd try again and see if anyone could see through this clutch mytery.

The clutch will not disengauge.  I bled the master, bled the line, bled the
slave.  Rebuilt the master (even through it was new), pulled the engine to make
sure the clutch wasn't in backwards.  Got rid of all the play on the slave.
The pilot is new, the throwout is new, the y arm moves when I depress the
pedal... but still it won't disengauge.  The pedal is not terribly worn... it
introduces about 1/4" of play but since the clutch should have a couple inches
anyway this shouldn't make a differance.  I've double clutched, triple
clutched, hit the bell housing with a mallet... still the clutch won't
disengauge.  Everything in the system is new and... it still won't work.

Any ideas?    My U20 sounds absolutely fantastic with I'm in nuetral and spins
effortlessly up to 7000, but I can't get out of the garage... Am I dead
already, is this hell?  Should I just get a gun and end it right here?

Nathaniel