front end woes

To: "ROADSTER LIST" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: front end woes
From: "Mike/Chris Clothier" <mclothier@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:23:21 -0700
OK I just want to vent for a minute..... It took me three days to get the
right tie-rod loose and found that the threaded shaft was bent. That's why
it was so hard to remove. BUT, I have one from the 68, so no problem.
Decided to clean the threads and ran a die over one end and found that I
had used course threads instead of fine threads......Today took the tie-rod
to a machine shop and they re threaded it for me(no charge..great). Got
home replaced the lower assembly and found that I had put the left side on
the right and had to take it all apart and start over. (Don't quit reading,
it gets better) As I tightened up the tie-rod, the threads that had been
repaired stripped out and guess what..I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IT OFF!!!
I think I'll take a couple of days off and do some thing fun like clean out
the bathroom drains or wallpaper with my wife.
Mike
Norc, Ca.

Mike/Chris Clothier
mclothier@earthlink.net