RE: OT-jacking up a HEAVY car.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@RadOnc17.UCSF.Edu>,
Subject: RE: OT-jacking up a HEAVY car.
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:47:12 -0700
Daniel,

You have a 6,000 lb jack, so it should lift the front end or rear end
without problems.  I use a similar jack on our 3/4 ton Ford diesel without
problems.  The biggest problem I have is raising the truck high enough at
times.  I have been known to put a block between the jack and the truck
frame to lift it a bit higher.  Make sure your jack stands are in good
condition, and on solid ground and you should be fine.

Tom
69 2000 "Mr. Hyde"
Portland, Oregon
http://www.fransfancies.com/datsun