RE: Isky cams

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Isky cams
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:21:51 -0400
I have the same understanding.  You can't run an L series cam in a U20,
Obviously.  But, if the lobe profile happened to come from a different
engine, that's not a problem as long as it flows well in the head that
it has been put into.  From the one response I've gotten regarding the
listing in the 73 Isky catalog, this grind may have been a U20 grind
that was then used for the L20.  The L20 didn't show up till 74.

Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
web.Tampabay.rr.com/oilleak

Why would one not want to run a cam grind profile that was for a
different engine?