Re: Aluminum Flywheels

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum Flywheels
From: "s.ulrich" <scott8933@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:06:06 -0700
You aren't really going to get *much* quicker accleration, not like night
and day at least (for a 'night-and-day' change, try dropping in a bigger
diff. ratio).

A light flywheel will make the car VERY easy to stall. No leway whatsoever -
instead of the engine lugging a little before dying it will just stop dead
instantly. It really takes a deft touch on the clutch, esp if you have any
kind of cam in it.

If you mostly take the car out to zip around some mountain roads, you'll
notice the difference in a good way. If the car mostly sees city driving
with lots of red lights, you'll notice the difference in a bad way.