Seat Pic

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seat Pic
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:24:03 -0700
Hey All,

The restoration of my car is coming together. I have promised myself not to
update my website until the painted body is on the restored frame. That
looks to be two weeks away.

Some advice to those thinking about restoration: black is the most
unforgiving color on a car. Any blemish or dent shows very easily. In all
fairness to Ross, he did tell me that when I told him my choice of colors.
If the car had been white, it would have been painted two months ago.
Considering the shape the body was in when it got there, I am astonished as
to how it looks now. Dave has finally blessed my car for final paint. But
until that happens, I thought I would share a pic of my just arrived and
newly restored seats. I think the wait for the black car will be worth it.

http://members.cox.net/solex67/seat2.jpg

Once the body is painted, it ill cure for a few days and then it can be
placed on the newly restored frame. Right now, the chassis is be lubed,
along with all the wheel bearings and such. Once the body drops on they can
finally start to put all the interior in and fit the windshield and badging.

Car is scheduled for delivery mid October.

Andrew Murphy
SRL311-00489