Re: Upper A-arm bushing disintegrates

Subject: Re: Upper A-arm bushing disintegrates
From: "Stephen Wan" <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:26:40 -0700
Unfortunately we decided to make a lot of the things for the wedding
ourselves.  Invitations, favors, place cards, unity candle, etc.  After the
invitation headache, I've been dreading the rest.  I just stayed up all last
night making the unity candle for tonights rehearsal.  Of course I could have
done it earlier, but I was too busy with the important stuff (making the
roadster presentable) ;p  Fortunately, a local fellow list member offered a
spare part. 4 days and there are still a lot of loose ends to tie up.  Just
add the A-arm to the list.  Now to figure a way to get all the oil out from
under my fingernails........

  Steve,

  Not to worry! Rest assured this is probably the the obligatory "Oh Sh**!"
everybody get's right before their wedding.  Mine was my future wife's dog bit
my neice the day OF the wedding and she spend the two hours before the
ceremony getting stitches (my neice was teasing the dog with food and at her
age should have known better).  Anyway, I just replaced those bushing and it
takes about two to three- hours per side if you have them and don't want it
all pretty (painted) when you're done.  I'm sure one of our nice parts vendors
has one laying around and might be willing to overnight it to you from
somewhere over there on the left coast.

  On the other hand, you might want to just sit back and relax before the
wedding just in case it wasn't your "Oh Sh**!"  You wouldn't want to end up at
your own weding with cracked knuckles, a strained back or worse! Just
kidding...

  Perry