Re: shocks

To: Mark Sedlack <msedlack@neo.rr.com>, Will Slater
Subject: Re: shocks
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:35:20 -0700 (PDT)
Mark,
       I don't doubt the rate of the 5447's, or their bolt on capability, but
isn't the over all length of travel less than the original # that KYB allocated
to the roadster, albeit that the original shock # originally was slated for
another vehicle.   I had a customer use these and complain that he very easily
bottomed out the shock even with new rear springs on his late year roadster.
Don't no if it's entirely true or not.  Has anyone checked this? I would like
some imput.   Dean

Mark Sedlack <msedlack@neo.rr.com> wrote:
Several people recommended these - I bought mine at Summit Racing - best
price I could find and they're 15 min. from my place.
KYB Gas Adjust Part Numbers
KG5447 (rear)
KG4528 (front)
They bolted up just fine, and seem to have a good rate, but it will be next
spring before I can comment on how they feel......
Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://home.neo.rr.com/mark2000/images/datsun1600/