It's the little things.....

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's the little things.....
From: "Raper, Sidney" <Sidney.Raper@getronics.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:39:19 -0500
that are annoying me now.  I have more stuff to part with.  I am listing it
here before I start snapping pictures and doing the Ebay thing.  If you are
interested in anything, drop me a line (with an offer!)

MGB side mirror - good condition.  I think it has a pit or two, but it is very
presentable.  Similar to the 68 - 70 Roadster mirrors except it has a swivel
built into it so it will twist rather than break if bumped.

1963-1967 window crank handles - knobs still on them.  Have pits in the chrome,
but they still beat using vise grips to roll up the window.  A pair - I think
that the wire retaining clips are gone (they are universal though...)

A bullet shaped Racing mirror.  Talbot style.  Has a LONG mounting base to
accommodate those 37 holes from where the previous owner kept moving the mirror
back and forth in the door.... No gasket (easy to cut from a scrap inner tube)
or mounting screws.  Good overall condition.

Gas cap - locking - no OEM.  Has a key.  Works on an early car - not sure about
the 70 model, but may work on that as well since it is a universal type.

1967.5 lock set.  Includes steering column housing with ignition lock and
switch, doors, complete console (less ash tray knob and ash tray - needs
recovering), doors all keyed the same.  Have an extra lock cylinder that can be
keyed and used for the trunk.  The door locks have the arms on them.  The extra
cylinder has no arm (use your old one!)

OEM gas cap that is missing the lock tang and key - door intact.  Lots of
pitting on the door.  If your cap is gone altogether, this could be restored -
or could just plug the hole to keep the rain out of the gas...

OEM Toshiba Antenna - cable has not been cut.  end where it goes into the
housing has been taped (they all crack there - was probably done to reinforce
it)  Still springs up nicely.  No key.  Satin finish for 67.5 - 70 models

Aftermarket antenna.  With key.  Looks similar to the OEM unit, but not as
long.  Key is the top pull type - it is not made to spring up

Door limiting straps.  A pair that is uncut!  The rubber bumpers still look
good.

Stan's trunk gasket - I bought one and don't need it as the OEM unit I have is
good - unless Stan wants to take a trade in! :-)

More to follow, or if you need something, let me know.  This stuff has got to
GO!!!

Sid