Re: trunk tool kit?

To: "noji" <noji-1@pacbell.net>, "'Hoon Kim'" <hoon@pixar.com>,
Subject: Re: trunk tool kit?
From: "Mark Dent" <mark@dealermats.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:00:23 -0500
This was Tom's list in 1995:

COMMON THINGS TO CARRY:

Spare fan belt (put on a new one, and toss the old one into the trunk...
this insures you have one that fits!)

Carb Floats (once again, I keep my 'old ones' in the trunk)

Ignition and tune up parts (cap & rotor, ignition points, condenser,

and a set of spark plugs).

Wrenches: 10, 12, and 14mm and a small adjustable one.

Screwdrivers: Slot and Phillips

"Test light" (either a commercial 12V one, or a 12Volt bulb with two

leads terminated with alligator clips.

Pocket Knife & Flashlight are always handy!

Length of wire (6' of 14 gauge). & a couple of paper clips.

Spare coolant and quart of oil, and brake fluid.

Duct Tape (if a hose is torn, tape it up with duct tape, and leave the

                pressure cap off until you can replace it... take it easy on
                a hot day driving!).
For longer trips, upper and lower radiator hoses, and "caps" for the heater
hose fittings

I also carry 6' of 1/4" fuel line hose, and a small 'Universal" electric
fuel pump. I keep meaning to make a wooden box to fit into the "fender" of
the trunk, to store everything in.

Mark
Phoenix Maryland
1500's