Re: trunk tool kit?

To: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Subject: Re: trunk tool kit?
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:09:03 -0600 (CST)
I cary a bunch of electrical parts, headlight relay, voltage regulator,
tail light bulbs, a few feet of wire, a couple of paper clips (to use as
wire terminals), bailing wire and about 6 feet of duct tape, paper towels
and a tube of hand cleaner.

I made a tray that goes under the spare tire to hold it all. I cut the
bottom 4" or so out of a used 5 Gal paint buket. I then cut a hole in the
bottom of it so it would go around the raised tire hold-down mount under
the spare. It just so happens that a roll of duct tape will also just fit
over this mount, so I found the tail end of a roll of duct tape and puched
it down into the tray. The sticky edge of the tape sticks to the tray
pretty well too!

I have always gone by the adage that if you have tools and parts with you,
you won't need them. Ever since I put these parts into the trunk I haven't
needed any of them!

Some folks cary a small jack that lifts the car by the frame. The stock
jack has been known to damage doors when the car slips off the jack. A 4
way lug wrench is also in my trunk.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA