Re: black: flat or gloss?

To: "Ronnie Day" <rday@hot.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: black: flat or gloss?
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:15:23 -0500

Yep, any paint can be knocked back to a satin by adding a percentage of
flattening agent.  Years ago painters used regular talcum powder, but with
today's modern paint chemistry, you can get a flattening agent that will
work with whatever paint system
you're using.  I painted all the trim on our Z with a satinized black
catalized enamel, over epoxy primer,  10 years ago and it still looks good.
Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/
77 280Z http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/

> For street cars how about a satin finish rather than flat? I'd think it
> would hold up better, would maybe look better and you'd still get most of
> the non-glare benefits.
>
> > Oh, and dash tops too.
> >
> >> Absolutely correct. It was de rigeur on rally car for many years.
Hoods,