RE: datsun-roadsters-digest V1 #2271

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: datsun-roadsters-digest V1 #2271
From: "Charlie Hubbard" <cehubbard@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:17:25 -0600
I agree, it sounds like a bad oil pump ruined or severely shortened the life
of your engine. Major bummer!

Charlie Hubbard
Webmaster, TDROC
www.tdroc.com

Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:44:37 -0700
From: hallosb@juno.com
Subject: OT: Re: is this engine blown?

Sounds like your oil pump went south and the overheating was a byproduct
of not having any oil pumped to critical engine parts.

Whenever you lose oil pressure, shut down your engine and do not start it
again until you've investigated the problem.

Unfortunately, I think you'll need a complete engine tear down to find
out what's damaged, but I'll let others on the list chime in.  If the
engine was installed in a Chevy, there might have been room to pull the
oil pan and check the pump and bottom end.  With it installed in a Jag,
you may have to pull the engine.

Dan McHatton
'66 1600

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:04:27 -0800 "Daniel Neuman"