Brand spankin' new SRL311 (owner) debut

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brand spankin' new SRL311 (owner) debut
From: <limprod@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:57:17 -0800
(sorry. lengthy message.  mad 90 WPM typist on the loose)

Hi then and hello again list!

This is my debut to announce SRL311-09853 has been brought back from the
dead after ~10 years and is now roaming So Cal; as well my thanks to the
Founders of this List and all it's contributors

I bought the car in Las Wages, NV from a PO that had it in his possession
non-road worthy for 6 years; from the PPO whom let the infamous "Death
Rattle" go to the point of a piece of timing guide rocket launch out of the
cam cover.   The PO thinking the noise was caused by the valves needed
adjusting didn't know fragments were still loose behind the crank sprocket
readied for launch.  I picked it up anyways knowing what I was I was getting
myself into only because compression was solid across all the cylinders and
it was a rust free desert car.

This is actually my first 4 banger as my previous 5 methods of
transportations were all Ford V8s (60 F100, 68 F250, 79 'stang, 92 T-bird,
00 Interceptor (Crown Vic cop car).   I traveled my 1,000,000th logged mile
just before the year 2000 using these cars.  All performed well although
most of my car mech knowledge came from the '79 Mustang where I replaced
every single component under the hood (including 1 long block and 3 trannys
=) at least once.  The only exception was the original alternator.  When it
came time to take it to the pasture to be shot we had to bring 2 batteries
because the alt finally gave in.  Needless to say my mechanic skills are
very limited.  When I had a very qualified mechanic double check my Roadster
top end and timing installation, he said it was top notch...    All the
credit belongs to the detailed do's and don'ts left on this List and the WWW
contributions (as well 4 vendors).  Thanks peop's!

(continued)