Brand spankin' new SRL311 (owner) debut - Part Deux

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brand spankin' new SRL311 (owner) debut - Part Deux
From: <limprod@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:57:22 -0800
As a former  non-owner, I use to crack up at you Roadster drivers 'always'
wearing that "I just pumped the neighbors cat" grin on your faces [fem
drivers just had a 'nice' grin =].  Well, after a 3rd test lap around the
neighborhood I realized I had that same stupid grin... thank you very little
for that.

I've been a long time fan of Roadsters stemming from vague childhood
memories of remaining BRE factions in the El Segundo industrial area where I
was abandoned  by my parents every week.   At the time there were 2
Roadster shops near the milling/tooling shop where I was left...  Looking
back at the timeline (early 70's) probably not BRE (possible... would be
interesting to find out BRE's former address) but most likely the shops were
present because of them.  Oddly enough, 32 or 33(?) years ago almost to the
day, one of those drivers took me for my very first  spin in a Roadster.  My
view of the road was obscured by the dash.

Even though I've been a non-owner up to now, I think the above was
responsible for perhaps meeting several of you listers in years past.
Arizona ROC... SR93 or I-40 somewhere between Bullhead and Kingman, 10(?)
years ago I pulled over because I was curious why 3 Roadsters were pulled
over to the shoulder.  Someone blew a lower radiator hose. I was able to
produce duct tape, coolant and tools (I remember someone busted their key
trying to use it as a screwdriver =).  The drivers were happy to talk about
their cars until it got dark.

6-8 years ago, near Solvang - 4 were pulled over (assisting one car. ended
up to be vapor lock(?).   Too early for the Solvang event (if it existed
then) because I remember freezing my a** off while the owners where happy to
talk about their cars.

Winter, 4 years ago...  Outside Beaumont, TX.   I went to go look at a
Roadster advertised in a local paper.   When I arrived another Roadster
owner was already there looking at the car.   After a good 45 minutes worth
of stories and owner's remembrances we had both convinced the owner to keep
the  67.5 2000 and never to even think about selling it again...   we then
both proceeded to kick ourselves as we left our separate ways.

heh.   anyone here?

Maybe if everyone had a Roadster the World would be a much better place...
everyone would just have that stupid looking ear to ear grin on their face.

Thanks ag'in y'all...   I'll be back with some unanswered questions.   Time
for a quick lap.

...and Happy New Year

Limp (aka Devo)