Re: O/T Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: O/T Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:27:05 -0500
> Mike

> I had the same cold running problems with a 240 I had w/triple Webers when I
> didn't hook up the coolant lines that ran through the intake manifolds when
> the temperature dropped. Hooking them up solved the problem.
>
> The cold air and intake caused the gas to drop out from the mixture and it
> wouldn't run well. It also made the running more consistant by cooling the
> manifold in the summer.
>
> FWIW, I have an almost new Weber DGV setup for a MGB engine complete with
> instructions and a K&N filter.

The Warneford single manifold had no passages for water. There was fitting
and pipe just inside the manifold flange that ran forward and connected to
the water line where the stock manifold connected. I'm pretty sure the dual
manifold I have is similarly set up. It, too, is a Warneford. It's buried in
storage along with most of my other car bits so I can check it easily.

I do wish I'd been more aware of where my "hot rod" library was stashed. At
least I could do some reading. Oh well, maybe soon. Found out this afternoon
we can expect an offer on our Arlington (DFW) house tomorrow. Hope it's one
we can accept or is realistic enough to counter.

Lord, give me patience,  ;>)
Ron