Re: Hi Everybody! - new guy w/ wheel question

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hi Everybody! - new guy w/ wheel question
From: "ambradley@frontiernet.net" <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 01:42:06 -0500
The most important thing is that most of the Nissan alloy wheels use a
nonstandard lugnut size.  And because our cars are SAE, not metric, you
can't use the Nissan lugnuts that came with the wheels.
www.wheelcomponents.com sells the correct lugnut (I don't recall the
exact part number).

I ran into a problem on another old Datsun ('66 411 sedan) where the
studs weren't quite long enough and some of the lugnuts broke in half
because the threads didn't go past the lug nut's shoulder and into the
head.  I don't know if this applies to the Roadster's standard studs,
but make sure the studs are long enough if you go this route.

I had to replace all the studs, which wasn't a particularly easy task as
the new studs didn't have quite the same knurl size and also didn't have
a flat side on the head, but in the end it worked and now the lugnuts
are on securely.