RE: Window cleaning

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Window cleaning
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:15:20 -0700
Dana Scribner wrote:
 >A buddy found an old MG in a barn. The top is in great shape except for the
 >windows. They are yellow with dirt we think. The car had been covered for
 >many years and not exposed to the sun. Anyone have a good idea on how to
 >clean the plastic windows?

First wash it with soap and water (I use car wash soap, and a clean cloth
rag, NOT paper towel!).
I'm using Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 10 - Clear Plastic Polish, and it works
GREAT. It doesn't streak and it cleans up minor scratches somewhat. I'd
recommend trying it, but if it doesn't do it then try their next more
abrasive polish (I haven't tried it, so...). I figure the Mirror Glaze
stuff is a good/safe bet, as that's what we used on our (my Dad's)
airplane windows (acrylic, plexiglas, or lexan?).

dan neff     '69 2000
colorado springs,  co
http://www.wycroc.org