Re: Window cleaning

To: <JOver4X4@aol.com>, Dana Scribner <dscrib2@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Window cleaning
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:00:33 -0600
> John Over

> I recall a discussion recently about this.  It seems that Mothers Mag Polish
> meant for aluminum wheels works the best.
>
> Lay the window to be cleaned on top of a towel on a hard floor and scrub with
> a polishing rag.  Flip it over and repeat.

I'm using Mother's Mag Polish to clean up the plastic lenses on the head,
parking and tail lights on my '93 GMC P/U and it works very well for that.
Not sure how well it'll work on the softer plastic used in tops, but it
can't hurt to try it as John suggested.

I'd be concerned that the yellowing is due to the plastic aging and not just
surface discoloration, but even if it is working on it carefully certainly
can't hurt.

FWIW,
Ron