Re: Cams / Timing

To: Daryl Smith <daryl_smith@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Cams / Timing
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:58:06 -0800
I'd be interested in this answer too.  In m y 411 with J15 engine, I had
the camshaft reground using a "mild street" MGB profile and now my car
idles much better around 20BTDC (stock is 8BTDC) and still doesn't ping
on acceleration, vacuum advance is connected...  Can the cam profile
change the timing that much?