Upper A-Arm Welded?

To: "Datsun" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Upper A-Arm Welded?
From: "Jeremy Welsch" <worm611@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:30:27 -0500
Hello all,

Question if anyone has ever seen this done before!!??

On my drivers side upper A-Arm, the two bolts that are located under the
inner fender, that are so much fun to get at!  I think they are a 5/8 head
size.

Someone at some point in time looks to have welded the threaded side of the
nut fast to the shock tower mount, they did a nice job, almost looks
factory, except for the fact that the passenger side didn't have this done,
does anyone know of a reason this may have been done?  I guess I'm going to
get my air saw out and grid it down and home the bolts break free.  Just
wanted to see if anyone has seen this done before, anything prone to
possible cracking in that area?

Thank you,
Jeremy
68 2L