Dumb question x 2

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dumb question x 2
From: <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:06:25 -0600
List,

I have two dumb questions to ask:

1.      I'm dropping a re-built 2000 engine into my 1600. The P.O. had
cut out the roadster motor mounts and dropped in a B-210 engine with his
crappy motor mount design. I've removed his motor mounts and was able to
salvage a set of roadster motor mounts from a rusted out frame. My 2000
engine is not together yet but my frame restoration is getting close to
being done. I have a running 1600 engine and transmission that I would
like to use as a template for positioning the new motor mounts in the
engine compartment. These would be bolted to the 1600 engine/trans/drive
shaft and positioned so I can tac weld the motor mounts to the frame. I
would then remove the 1600 engine/trans./drive shaft and finish welding
in the mounts. Is a 1600 block/motor mount the same as a 2000?

2.      I bought rubber grease covers for my front end components. Since
my car doesn't have any and I haven't received them yet, must I
disassemble all of the front end components in order to install the
rubber grease covers?

Thanks

Steve Harvey