OT: Help in 1943 car ID

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OT: Help in 1943 car ID
From: Robert Keen <rekeen@mtu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:18:53 -0500 (EST)
I need some help with the ID of an auto.  I've scanned
part of a photo that shows the car.

<http://www.portup.com/~kakeen/imgs/cars002a.jpg>

The car is parked in front of a picket fence. The right
front fenter, headlight, bumper, and part of a grill are
visible.  The only helpful clue is a scrawl on the back of
the photo: "Xmas Day 1943, Brisbane Calif."

The left arm visible in the picture belongs to a young
lady who was 4-months gone with yrs truly at the time the
photo was taken.

This list is pretty good at miscellany.  Can you tell
me what the car is, or at least give me a hint?

Thanks very much.
--Bob Keen
'68 1600
Chassell, Upper Peninsula, Michigan