wiring issue

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: wiring issue
From: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:30:59 -0600
i suspect i will simply have to trace down lots of wires, lots of
connections.  but - just in case that someone has btdt, here's what
happened:

the front lights and blinkers were working; i had all the lights working
except backup, which is a whole different matter.

we washed the car, and did some spraying of primer, which may or may not be
relevant.  i also changed the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and condenser.
could i have mucked something up in the engine compartment?

now i don't have blinkers.  the blinky thing inside the dash makes noise,
but the indicators in the dash no longer work, nor do the bulbs on the
outside.  in addition, the headlights are now doa.  when i hit the headlight
switch, the drivers side flicks on and then goes out.  no action on the
right.  i disconnected the headlights on the fender connection, but that did
not help the blinkers.  but the tail lights and brake lights still work, as
does one front parking light.  i'm planning on switching the two lights to
see if it's wiring or fixture up there.

other than "get out the meter, and good luck," or "glad its not me" anyone
have an idea that will save me time?

thanks!