Re: Misc Questions

To: Jones_Barton@msn.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Misc Questions
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:33:30 EST
The oil slows down the piston rise richening the mixture on acceleration. If
the oil is too thin you will get stumbling on acceleration. ATF is about
right. Motorcycle shops carry fork oil of various weights if you want to
experiment. I use 10-40 engine oil. One car I worked on needed 20-50 to smooth
out the
acceleration.

keith