Re: Standard BP6ES plugs okay?

To: ppeters914@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Standard BP6ES plugs okay?
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:28:12 EST
Black and sooty means running too rich. The PO might have been compensating
for worn, out of adjustment, carbs. Go with the BP6ES and adjust the carbs
properly. If they had been black and wet that would indicate oil. You would
have
 had blue/white smoke out the exhaust also. Running rich you should have had
black smoke and even some black liquid droplets coming out the exhaust on
startup.

keith

In a message dated 11/29/2004 11:22:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,