Re: 50 dollar paint job

To: TWFAUST@aol.com
Subject: Re: 50 dollar paint job
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:36:02 -0600
I have a couple cans of Rust-oleum in the shop that call for thinning
with Acetone or mineral spirits.
     There is a conventional wisdom out there that only catylized
paints can be polished.  This isn't true Rust_Oleum is going to be
much softer than a catylized urethane and may tend to burn or melt
with a motorized buffer unless it's going really slow.  You may find
that you will need to color sand, compound and polish entirely by
hand after weeks of drying time.  If that's cool with you why not go
that route :^)

-Marc

> Tremclad is a Canadian product of Rustoleum. Confusion arises
> because of
> directions to dilute 15% with Mineral Spirits. American Rustoleum
> does not list
> Mineral Spirits as a  solvent. A couple of the guys on Moparts have
> contacted
> Rustoleum regarding any difference besides name. Rustoleum will
> only reply that
> the Canadian and American products are "similar". I haven't checked
> the thread
> lately to see if that has been resolved.   I have a Dodge like the
> one in the
> thread, I am thinking.
>
> Tom Faust

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. "
   - Mark Twain (1835-1910)