RE: CNC headwork

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CNC headwork
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:05:06 -0800
And considering how well a U20 head flows, why would you bother? If the head
was really restrictive, you might gain something, but the U20 head is
actually a very good design.

I know I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again because it's
relevant. I took a junk U20 head to the guy who does my head work so he
could play around with it on his flow bench. He told me later it was the
best flowing non-crossflow head he had ever seen. He had a Jensen-Healey
twin-cam head in there at the same time and he said the U20 flowed just
slightly less than the Jensen all through the range.

The U20 engine may have areas where it can be improved, but the basic head
isn't one of them.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA
www.gordon-glasgow.org