Re: CNC headwork

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CNC headwork
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.com" <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:28:22 GMT
Interesting stuff on "twin-cam heads" etc etc., but just because it is "twin
this, 16 valve that" does not automatically make it better.  In fact, my good
friend and head guru stated that the U20 head is one of the best flowing stock
heads he has worked with.  A stock U20 head would outflow a modified Toyota
MR2 twin-cam 16 valve head.  Proper porting (not just hogging it out but
actually knowing what you are doing) on a U20 head results in a good power
increase and an excellent flowing head.  He has often commented (primarily to
get my goat) that the U20 was a "head looking for a block and car..." ("Ha ha,
very funny" I would say).
Greg Burrows

-- "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net> wrote:
This type of thing has been done before. I remeber reading somewhere some
guys were modifying Volvo heads to fit a Ford(?) 4 banger. I'll try to find
the link!!
But, who has the time / access to heads, to actually find something that
would work? :-)  Chances are slim, but possible!