Re: [Roadsters] filling up a '70 1600 cooling system

To: Roel Hammerschlag <sky@drizzle.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] filling up a '70 1600 cooling system
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:04:57 -0500
Roel,

There  are a three ways to make things easier.

One is to drill a small hole in the thermostat flange to allow air to
escape from below the thermostat. A 1/8" will do the trick.

Another is to open the thermostat by pushing a screw driver or rod onto
the top of the thermostat, opening it up to let the air out.

Finally, if the thermostat is out of the engine, open the thermostat and
insert an aspirin tablet to hold it open. When the water level gets the
aspirin wet it will dissolve. The trick is to keep the water from
getting to the aspirin from the top.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Roel Hammerschlag:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001