Re: [Roadsters] 1970 Roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1970 Roadster
From: "John Roper" <john@roper-photo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:05:52 -0500
>I beg to differ - the RAREST production roadster would be the earliest
>1500 roadster, which would be the VIN# SPL310-00075, which is a single
>carb, one of only 300 produced but probably only less than a dozen or
>so with singles.

Would you like to hear the saddest story ever?

About 9-10 years ago when I was first getting into Datsuns there was a white
early 1500 on a used car lot for $1000. I didn't buy it because it "only"
had a single carb and that "stupid" third seat in the back. I just had to
have a dual carb 2000. What a dumbass...