[Roadsters] Roadster Rotisserie.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Roadster Rotisserie.
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:37:12 +0930
Hi folks,
I'm building a rotor to mount the SP310 body [only] onto and have a few Q's
to those who have been here before.
>From your experience, where is the "sweet spot" for the pivots, front and
rear?
I plan to have the vertical orientation adjustable [slotted plate] so I can
fine tune the centreline, but I'm after a ballpark location.

I going to use the two front and the two rear chassis mount holes for the
frame attachment.
Are these OK to use considering I have the door openings braced with a
tubing framework?

The pivots I'm using are actually Datsun drum brake front wheel hubs, bolted
to a horizontal platform.
I have found these to be ideal for this application and very cheap to
purchase [read $ZIP].
They require zero effort to rotate once the load is balanced.

Once I get it all working, I'll make the details available to anyone
interested.

Thanks for any input.
P.S.
My Sony ImageStation site is closing, so I have had all my restoration pics.
re-located to : -
HYPERLINK
"http://nissanman.shutterfly.com/action/"http://nissanman.shutterfly.com/act
ion/
400+ images of my work on the Fairlady to date.
Not quite as sophisticated as the Sony site but, well, there you go.
As my son said, you get what you pay for!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 Datsun Sports
1971 P510 Datsun 1600