Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Rotisserie.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Rotisserie.
From: d-solomon@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:30:48 -0600
This is very interesting to me, as I am in the design phase of my rotisserie
as we speak. (or write, I guess would be more accurate ;-) )
I was also headed to the junkyard for some cheap spindles/bearings/hub
assemblies for mine, and I also intend to make the vertical positioning
adjustable. It sounds like maybe we'd be smart to compare designs and see if
we can learn from each other for a really good setup? If you're interested,
lets talk off-list about it.
I don't think I can rely on the two front body mounts, as you've described, as
I have considerable rust on the inner 'fenderwell', if you will, and will be
replacing a lot of metal. I think i'll be building a mount to go all the way
in and pickup the body mount under the footwells.

My biggest "engineering" hurdle right now is how to make this rotisserie
stable, but mobile. (I'd like to be able to roll it around the garage). I'd
like to come up with a way to easily "lower" casters (raising the rotisserie)
when I want to move it, and then raise them again so the frame sits solidly on
the floor while I'm working. Any ideas?

Dan
(wirelessly, from my pda. Man do my thumbs hurt right now...)