Re: [Roadsters] How to warm up a Roadster?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] How to warm up a Roadster?
From: "James Fogg" <James@jdfogg.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:02:25 -0400

I'm not sure how you figure this. From the perspective of the butterfly
valve, pulling on the choke handle closes the valve. Pushing the choke
handle toward the dash opens the butterfly valve. When the valve is
closed the fuel ratio is enriched because of greater vacuum in the
venturi. Since air is easier to "pull" than fuel and the carburetor is
set up for a certain balance of air/fuel, if you block the air entry
(close the choke) you change the balance of fuel to air.

Everything I've been taught says you enrich the air/fuel mixture to
start a cold engine.