Re: [Roadsters] U20 Head water passages

To: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>, "Datsun Roadsters"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U20 Head water passages
From: "Stephen Wan" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:31:17 -0700
Depends where you live and the weather conditions.  If you drive in the
cold, I'd leave them open. A warmer manifold will help with fuel atomization
in cold weather.  If you're in perpetual summer like socal, leaving them
closed won't affect driveability.  The comp manual recommends closing them,
because a cooler manifold, means cooler intake air temperature and thus more
air molecules in the cylinder yielding more power.

Steve
70' 1600
just taking up space in the garage.