Re: [Roadsters] U20 Head water passages

To: "'Stephen Wan'" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>, "'Richard Brown'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U20 Head water passages
From: Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:41:25 -0700
I think folks tend to forget that the "comp" manual may have been written
with full race cars in mind. Cars that don't need to be cold started or run
for more than 1 hr at a time. Cars that run race fuel and have their engines
torn/inspected periodically.

I'm confused about the cooling/heating of the manifold:
-How does the manifold stay cooler(d) without coolant flow AND the extremely
hot exhaust headers mm's away? Wouldn't you need that coolant to transfer
the exhaust heat away?