Re: [Roadsters] Old Gas OT

To: <davesmbox@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Old Gas OT
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:33:35 -0400
I asked local gas station, they took it, one for free, the other for
$5.00.  Plan B, dilute with a gallon or 2  of used engine oil, reduces
what little flammability is left and take to oil recycling.  This way
you are sure it gets handled properly.  Piece of advice, learned the
hard way on the side of the road...If you haven't done it already, have
the tank cleaned, then replace every rubber fuel line and flush the
metal lines thoroughly with penetrant like PB Buster, compressed air,
solvent etc and fresh gas.  Add a big clear plastic filter before the
pump and carry 2 spares. Clean out the carb inlet screens.  I clogged 4
filters and had to blow out the line 6 times in the first 4 days/800
miles (to Watkins Glen)after a tank replacement.

Dave Brisco
ECR