Re: [Roadsters] Old Gas OT

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Old Gas OT
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 00:49:17 -0400
Stuff I drained out wouldn't even burn.  I tried, Smoked a bit, but
wouldn't flash.  Smelled like old varnish or shellac, looked like it
too.

Fire dept is a good idea, worse case, they can use it for practice.

I wouldn't think mixing it with oil would be so bad, the oil is
regularly contaminated by gas in normal engine use, at a lower
concentration, so the recycling center should be able to handle it,
especially mixed with a couple hundred gallons of motor oil.  I could,
of course, be very wrong.

Here's a funny one, legal mandated method to dispose of antifreeze, in
my area with city sewer, is to pour down the toilet!  Apparently they
are set up to treat it.