Re: [Roadsters] Jumping 4th ( update ) (update to the update )

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Jumping 4th ( update ) (update to the update )
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:53:29 -0400
I really love a 1600 4 speed around town.  The 2000 just isn't happy
under 30 MPH.
I have the H-20 bug.  That best of both worlds thing. Picked up a
forklift motor with 10,000 hours on it,  (about 400,000 miles
equivalent) amazingly little wear except the cylinder walls are wavy.
Looks like it will need to be bored etc.  Will drop it at the machine
shop, get it balanced and blueprinted.  The iron heads have potential.
I'm going to build it as I have time.  My U20 timing chains are a bit
loose etc, so a backup motor would be nice.

Dave Brisco