Re: [Roadsters] oil coming out at base of spark plug U20

To: <andycost@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] oil coming out at base of spark plug U20
From: "chalsted" <chalsted@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:30:11 -0400
nope. not dripping down from the valve cover gasket. I wiped everything dry
after I first saw oil coming down from that area and then fired it up again
and looked with a light and my glasses on- it's welling out from around the
base of the spark plug. have a feeling I won't be finding out the answer
without pulling the head :-(  have another low mileage rebuilt U20 sitting
in the shop that I heard run within the last couple months before I pulled
it (terminal chassis rust car) and I'm tempted to just swap it into the car
and deal with whatever the problem is with this engine later on... quickest
way to driving the car :-)

Craig