Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Volvo Brake Caliper Conversion

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (Datsun Roadster List)
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Volvo Brake Caliper Conversion
From: ppeters914@comcast.net (Pete Peters)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:26:17 +0000
Basic conversion info in the 311s.org TechWiki:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.VolvoCalipers>

You'll find tons of past discussions (pro & con) on the mailing list and
311s.org forums.

FWIW, I was going to do the conversion when I discovered my entire brake system
needed replacing -- even bought the manifolds. Later I decided the cost/benefit
wasn't worth it to me. Sold the manifolds and scored stock system from someone
who upgraded to 300ZX brakes (also discussed on 311s.org).

Pete

From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>

[snip]

I had no idea you could put a Volvo caliper conversion on the roadsters! What
is the info about that? What Volvo? What year, model, part numbers, etc? I'm
very curious to look into this.

Also, whats the main reason for doing it?

Eddie