[Roadsters] Update: Instrument lighting

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Update: Instrument lighting
From: "speeddemonrs" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:50:30 -0700
UPDATE:

Tore into the wiring harness to find two re/blue wire bound in the tape -
hooked them up to the rheostat and SHAZAM! I now have dash lights!! BUT, now
the issue is that the dash lights come on when the switch is in the parking
light position and turn back off when the driving lights are on. Which is
strange, since the parking lights do not turn off when the headlights are
turned on. So I still have some sort of gremlin in there, but I am excited
that I am getting much closer then I was at the beginning of the day.

I also took a look at the reverse lights at the back of the car - I have two
back there, and from the looks of what I can see on the web, there should
only be one, towards the drivers side. When I look underneath at the
brackets, it all seems to be stock. It doesn't look like a second light was
necessarily added to the mix, and the wiring harness doesn't looked chopped
to fit it in either. Hmmmm?

Robb Shannon
'66 1600 - Surprise, AZ