Re: [Roadsters] Instrument lighting

To: "'Graeme'" <graemes@internode.on.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Instrument lighting
From: "speeddemonrs" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:29:21 -0700
Thanks for the information ~

I immediately went and pulled the rheostat to find that it is/was not hooked
up at all. Problem now is that I cannot see any misc wires (2x red blue)
waiting to be hooked up to it. I tested the rheostat, which seemed to
function properly, so I don't know why the switch was bypassed in the first
place by PO. All the wires currently on the headlamp switch are properly
wired per wiring diagrams, so there is a missing connection from the
green/white wire (#7 post on the switch) and the red/blue wire to the
instrument lighting. Per the diagram, all red/blue instrument lighting
should be wired together, so all I REALL need to do is create a jumper from
the #7 pin to one of the instrument red/blue wires and I should be set to
go. I will be taking some time to see if I can find the proper set of
existing wires to do this right, but I don't see spending too much time
ripping up the harness to find the culprit. Does this "fix" sound like it
will put me with some working dash lights?

As for the ammeter, I was under the understanding that it cannot be used
properly with the alternator conversion. It was disconnected by PO probably
due to all the electrical issues she THOUGHT she was having - turned out to
be a bad generator/regulator. So I updated, and bypassed that wiring -
everything seems to be getting along just fine now. :)

Robb Shannon - '66 1600