[Roadsters] Backup lights (was: Update: Instrument lighting)

To: "speeddemonrs" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Backup lights (was: Update: Instrument lighting)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:30:18 -0800
> I also took a look at the reverse lights at the back of the car - I have two
> back there, and from the looks of what I can see on the web, there should
> only be one, towards the drivers side. When I look underneath at the
> brackets, it all seems to be stock.

Yes, on the earlier cars there's one light "towards the driver's side".
But which side is that? The frames and wiring can accommodate
either left-hand or right-hand setups, and the bolt holes, wiring, etc
are set up for either. The factory placed one light "in the correct
position". Then someone else got a second light and installed it
in the open position. Totally stock looking.

At least, that's the theory I'm going with :-)

-- John