[Roadsters] Replacement Wiring?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Replacement Wiring?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:53:16 -0600
Are there any places that sell wire that matches or comes close to the
factory color coding and sizes? I'm finding "alterations" on the roadster
that need to be fixed. Right now I just want to clean things up, not replace
the entire harness. I know I don't have to, probably can't, match the
colors, but I'd like to come close and I definitely need to match wire
gauges. It's not good to have a chunk of 18 gauge in the middle of what was
original a 12 gauge main power line. That's an engraved invitation to
witness the "smoke outside the wire" syndrome. Neither desirable or good.
I do want to pass on that I found a very nice ratcheting crimper for $25 at
O'Reilly Auto that has swappable dies for both insulated and uninsulated
connectors, You can even adjust the tightness of the crimp. IIRC, I also
paid $25 or so for the heat gun I use at Fry's Electronics. If you're going
to do auto electrical work, both of these tools make it easier and in most
case better.

Ron