Re: [Roadsters] Replacement Wiring?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net (Datsun Roadster List)
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Replacement Wiring?
From: ppeters914@comcast.net (Pete Peters)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:19:31 +0000
Anixter, but it's pricey. IIRC, minimum order is 25-ft.

<http://www.anixter.com>

For now, I've been using wires from a 510 harness to piece stuff in. Almost any
pre-90's Datsun/Nissan harness should have the right colors/gauge.

Long-term plan is complete replacement with a EZ Wiring harness. No, it won't
match stock, but I've noticed zero electrical/wiring issues posted by folks who
replace the old 40-year old wiring.

Pete

From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>

Are there any places that sell wire that matches or comes close to the factory
color coding and sizes? I'm finding "alterations" on the roadster that need to
be fixed. Right now I just want to clean things up, not replace the entire
harness. I know I don't have to, probably can't, match the colors, but I'd like
to come close and I definitely need to match wire gauges. It's not good to have
a chunk of 18 gauge in the middle of what was original a 12 gauge main power
line. That's an engraved invitation to witness the "smoke outside the wire"
syndrome. Neither desirable or good.

Ron