[Roadsters] Tranny problem

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Tranny problem
From: Brad Hendrickson <brad.hendrickson@rocketmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:10:32 -0800 (PST)
Looking for help on a problem encountered after replacing the clutch on
my 1970 1600 4spd.  When the whole drive train should be able to turn by hand
I hit what seems to be a hard stop after about 15 degrees.   I've opened the
tranny cover and back section and everything looks great.  Shifts OK and when
in neutral the drive shaft spins freely.  With the clutch disengaged (pedal
in) I can turn the engine over freely so don't think it's the clutch.
However, by turning the countershaft back and forth by hand it will
only rotate about 15 degrees and hits something solid (clunk) in all
circumstances.    Only transmission work I did with clutch job was to replace
the front cover seal and gasket.  I've tried everything I can think of so
turning to the list for advice. Of course hope I missed something obvious so
the whole darn thing doesn't have to come back out of the car again!

Brad
Hendrickson

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html